Cooperative Elder Services, Inc. (CESI), Burlington will be relocating. We are communicating closely with current and prospective CESI participants, caregivers, and families at this time to be supportive and planful regarding next steps. All current and prospective CESI Burlington participants are invited to attend CESI’s centers located in Acton or Arlington. Additional important details, timeframes, and notes regarding this time of transition appear below.
CESI’s leadership staff are available to support and assist anyone with questions in the coming weeks and months. Please don’t hesitate to reach us; we’re here and look forward to connecting!
Community Update Regarding CESI Burlington (posted 1/6/22)
- Cooperative Elder Services, Inc. (CESI) will be relocating its Burlington location, only
- As of February 28, 2022, CESI will not be open at 37 B Street in Burlington, MA.
- The following CESI program locations remain open, serving current and prospective participants:
CESI Acton, Located at 30 Sudbury Road, Suite 1 South
CESI Arlington, Located at 37 Broadway
- All current and prospective CESI Burlington participants are invited to attend CESI’s programs located in Acton or Arlington.
- CESI staff are available to assist participants and their caregivers during this time of transition and have prepared resources including other local ADH programs for participants and caregivers.
- CESI’s search to secure a new location that will meet all regulatory program requirements* and be located within the Greater Burlington area started early in 2021 and is ongoing at this time.
- CESI looks forward to re-opening a program in the Greater Burlington area once an appropriate space is secured and will share developments to that end in the near future.
- Questions and location leads can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will receive a timely response.
* It is important to note that Cooperative Elder Services, Inc. is licensed by the MA Department of Public Health. Therefore, any space considered for relocation of a CESI center must meet 100% of MA DPH regulatory requirements for occupancy and operation.
Excerpts of a few key, difficult to find, space requirements are listed below. This list is not exhaustive:
- Ground floor access/egress points: minimum 2 (no steps or ramps, only curb cuts)
- Corridors: minimum 5’ width
- Ceiling height in activity areas: 8’ minimum
- Doorways: 7’ minimum height
- Accessible bathrooms: min. 4, and 1 shower stall/space – minimum of 30” x 60”, flush floor/threshold