CESI’s Groton Center provides adult day health services to seniors and adults with medical or cognitive challenges who reside in Groton and surrounding communities (including, but not limited to, Acton, Ashby, Ayer, Bolton, Boxborough, Dunstable, Fitchburg, Harvard, Lancaster, Leominster, Littleton, Lunenburg, Pepperell, Shirley, Townsend, Tyngsboro, and Westford).
Each of CESI’s four adult day health centers provides the following core services:
- Nursing Care: Regular assessments, health education, medication management, care coordination, treatments, lab work, etc.;
- Recreation Program: Nearly four hours a day of activities that are reviewed by a licensed Occupational Therapist, including exercise, crafts, music therapy, art therapy, celebrations, discussion groups, trivia, and current events. Click here to view this month’s calendar of events for CESI’s Groton Center;
- Nutrition: Daily continental breakfast, hot lunch, and afternoon snack approved by a Registered Dietician;
- Memory Care services and spaces tailored to the needs of people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia;
- Transportation services available;
- Social work services.
At CESI’s Groton Center, participants benefit from:
- Monthly caregiver support group, held during program hours;
- Podiatrist visits and rehabilitation services available on-site;
- Conveniently located on the campus of Rivercourt Residences, which prepares hot lunches for CESI participants each day;
- Intergenerational programming, with local kindergarten students making monthly visits to the Groton Center.
CESI’s Groton Center is open 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday. All CESI participants are welcome to attend our Arlington Center on Saturdays, which is open from 8:00am to 4:00pm. If you are interested in receiving more information about the Groton Center, contact CESI here.